David GorslineReston (Fairfax County), Virginia USA
Veteran business applications developer in the Washington, D.C. metro area; part of the Digital Media team at NPR. My expertise is in object-oriented technologies (C#, Java) for web sites powered by SQL databases and various CMSs. Member, IEEE Computer Society.
Community theater actor and stage manager. Birder and citizen naturalist; coordinator for the Wood Duck and Hooded Merganser nest box program at Huntley Meadows Park. Volunteer textbook reader (1900+ hours of service) for Learning Ally.
- A Honey of an Anklet, personal blog: theater, conservation, the utterly mundane, and Etruscan 8-tracks
- Our Friend in Reston, a tumblelog
- Links to web sites, online profiles, and publications elsewhere
Certificate of Accomplishment in the Natural History Field Studies program of Audubon Naturalist Society/Graduate School USA, October 2014.
Webmastering and board service
- Webmaster for Friends of the Migratory Bird/Duck Stamp
- Webmaster for WATCH, representing Silver Spring Stage
- Membership, Potowmack Chapter of Virginia Native Plant Society
Where I've been
I grew up in Dayton, Ohio and places you can see from there; received degrees from Northwestern University and the University of Pennsylvania; and worked briefly in New York and Minneapolis.
Some favorite sites
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- The Brain Scoop with Emily Graslie at the Field Museum
- Dinosaur Comics
- Greater Greater Washington
- Shorpy, the 100-year-old photo blog