David GorslineReston (Fairfax County), Virginia USA
Virginia Master Naturalist, specializing in birds and plants of the Washington, D.C. metro area and the mid-Atlantic region; coordinator for the Wood Duck and Hooded Merganser nest box program at Huntley Meadows Park.
- A Honey of an Anklet, personal blog: theater, conservation, the utterly mundane, and Etruscan 8-tracks
- Links to web sites, online profiles, and publications elsewhere
Certificate of Accomplishment in the Natural History Field Studies program of Nature Forward (certificate awarded by Audubon Naturalist Society/Graduate School USA), October 2014.
Community theater actor and occasional stage manager.
Webmastering and board service
- Webmaster for WATCH, representing Silver Spring Stage
- Membership, Potowmack Chapter of Virginia Native Plant Society
- Webmaster for Friends of the Migratory Bird/Duck Stamp
Where I've been
I grew up in Dayton, Ohio and places you can see from there; received degrees from Northwestern University (mathematics, economics) and the University of Pennsylvania (marketing, operations research); and worked briefly in New York and Minneapolis.
- Volunteer textbook reader (2000+ hours of service) for Learning Ally.
- 400+ birds on my life list, 60+ butterflies.
- 34 states visited (and DC) (overnight stays as an adult).
Some favorite sites
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Technology Connections
- Dinosaur Comics
- Greater Greater Washington
- Shorpy, the 100-year-old photo blog