Posts relevant to my profession as a software developer are at IEFBR14. (Some posts are cross-posted to Technology at NPR.) I use Pinboard to manage my bookmarks. David Gorsline, personal/professional profile, takes the place of my old TypeKey profile.
I serve on the board of Friends of the Migratory Bird/Duck Stamp; I manage the web site and write short pieces for the newsletter.
I am the webmaster for Washington Area Theatre Community Honors (and I’m a board rep and judge, too).
pedantic nuthatch is the predecessor blog to A Honey of an Anklet. The old blog had an uncapitalized title, a lot of Verdana, and lots and lots of gray. This one doesn’t.
Before the blog, starting in 1997, I wrote a salmagundi of pages that eventually I called the chorister’s c. Some of them, like the info on playwright Larry Shue, are either stable or archived, and I just blow the dust off them once in a while. Others, like those about the Wood Duck, get updated more regularly.
Profiles and other presences
- Atlas of Living Australia
- I have a Daytum account, but I’m not sure what I want to do with it.
- Distributed Proofreaders
- Encyclopedia of Life
- Flickr photostream
- Mastodon: @topazCufflinks@ecoevo.social
- Open Library
- Pynchon wiki contributions for Against the Day, Gravity’s Rainbow, and V.
- Salesforce Trailhead
- YouTube favorites
Publications and Guest Posts
- Happy Accidents: The Joy of Serendipity Days, with Zach Brand for Inside NPR.org, 14 October 2011
- “A Bit of Wisdom for Programming Managers,” a review of Herding Cats: A Primer for Programmers Who Lead Programmers by J. Hank Rainwater, IEEE Software vol. 20, no. 4 (2003) (online edition).
- “Coffee Talk: A Glossary for Birders,” Birding vol. 32, no. 1 (February, 2000).
Q&A, Forums, Discussion Boards
- An early comp.compilers post
- Stack Overflow | Area 51
We Crack Us Up was a great name for a blog, and for a time was a long-tail experiment jointly blogged with Leta. My Salesforce.com forum posts, keyed to an e-mail address with a former employer, were anonymized in the great GDPR migration of May, 2018. Time was, I posted dailyish status updates at Our Friend in Reston.
Reston, Virginia USA
This hCard created with the hCard creator.
Last updated: Friday, 24 March 2023 15:54