- Nothing for WATCH until The Count of Monte Cristo at Aldersgate this fall.
- I’ve just submitted my evaluations of scripts for AACT’s NewPlayFest 2020.
Anderson, Heart of a Dog
“When L died, our teacher said, Every time you think of her, give something away, or, do something kind. And I said, Then I’d be giving things away non-stop. And he said, So?”
- Contemporary American Theater Festival 2018: 5
- Contemporary American Theater Festival 2018: 4
- Contemporary American Theater Festival 2018: 3
- Contemporary American Theater Festival 2018: 2
- Contemporary American Theater Festival 2018: 1
- A milestone: 7
- At the park: 96
- Maine birding recap
- Botticelli in the Fire
- Acadia Birding Festival 2018
Tag Archives: audio
Paula Poundstone nails it.
Melissa Block interviews Leslie Shook, the Betty voice of Boeing’s F/A-18 fighter jets.
John Adams chats with Renee Montagne about his works, old and new.
Andy Goldsworthy talks to Terry Gross.
Cory Turner listens to the work of neurobiologist Nina Kraus: an audio-driven screener for children at risk of literacy challenges.
Christopher Joyce and Bill McQuay inaugurate the series Close Listening. The editing on the piece is a little Radiolab-ish for my taste, but the sounds of science are ear-opening. [Trevor] Pinch has made a career of studying how scientists listen. … Continue reading
Great radio of the week: finding the best fit in musical instruments for Port Huron fifth-graders, as Kyle Norris of Michigan Radio reports. The button on the end, added by an NPR director, will bring tears to your eyes.
Drain Lake Powell! That’s one of the provocative suggestions by former head of the Bureau of Reclamation Dan Beard. He makes his case on an episode of Colorado Matters.
With the launch of NPR’s new embeddable audio player, I can directly link to audio like this: voiceover work I did in 2011 to accompany a profile of Zhou Youguang.
Alas, Stan Freberg has moved on to a new agency.
Lauren Ober interviews Randi Miller, the voice of Metro’s “doors closing” announcements. ᔥ NiemanLab