This year’s big trip was to Minnesota, and I clicked over 400 on my life list. And, wow, I visited a lot of local spots this year.
- Owls in Northern Virginia (also)
- Sax-Zim Bog, St. Louis County, Minnesota
- Hoyles Mill Conservation Park, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Butterflies of southern Maryland
- Fraser Preserve, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Meadowside Park and Nature Center, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Dark Hollow Falls, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- Patuxent Research Refuge, Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Jug Bay Natural Area, Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp, Calvert County, Maryland
- Suitland Bog and Cheltenham Wetlands Park, Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Doyles River loop hike, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- Virginia Native Plant Society annual meeting and trips, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Walk-by botany at The Cloisters, New York County, New York
- Grasses workshop at Wakefield Park, Fairfax County, Virginia
A new top total for eggs at Huntley Meadows Park this year, and the wetland restoration project finally happened.
2012’s list. 2011’s list. 2010’s list. 2009’s list. 2008’s list.