Most of my exploring was close to home this year.
- The Glade, Reston, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Mosses workshop with Gaylan Meyer, Fred Crabtree Park, Herndon, Virginia
- Herps with Mel Fegler and Mike Quinlan, Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Herps with Larry Anderson, Bethesda-Chevy Chase chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Ferns at Riverbend Park, with Kit Sheffield, Fairfax County, Virginia
- “Blue Mountain,” G. Richard Thompson WMA, Fauquier County, Virginia, led by Stephanie Mason
- Rose River and Hogcamp Branch, Shenandoah NP, Virginia
- Mountain Lake, Giles County, Virginia, led by Dave Darnell
- Wildwood Park with Ryley Harris, Radford, Virginia
- Rachel Carson Conservation Park, Montgomery County, Maryland
And several trips to my home park, Huntley Meadows Park.