Most of my exploring was close to home this year.
- The Glade, Reston, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Mosses workshop with Gaylan Meyer, Fred Crabtree Park, Herndon, Virginia
- Herps with Mel Fegler and Mike Quinlan, Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Herps with Larry Anderson, Bethesda-Chevy Chase chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Ferns at Riverbend Park, with Kit Sheffield, Fairfax County, Virginia
- “Blue Mountain,” G. Richard Thompson WMA, Fauquier County, Virginia, led by Stephanie Mason
- Rose River and Hogcamp Branch, Shenandoah NP, Virginia
- Mountain Lake, Giles County, Virginia, led by Dave Darnell
- Wildwood Park with Ryley Harris, Radford, Virginia
- Rachel Carson Conservation Park, Montgomery County, Maryland
And several trips to my home park, Huntley Meadows Park.
2015’s list. 2014’s list. 2013’s list. 2012’s list. 2011’s list. 2010’s list. 2009’s list. 2008’s list.