Much more fun in the field this year—and more learnings! I treated myself to upgraded binoculars.
- Patuxent River, Prince George’s County, Md., led by Stephanie Mason and Cathy Stragar
- The Glade, Reston, Fairfax County, Va.
- Cheverly parks, Prince George’s County, Md., led by Matt Salo
- Potomac River, Frederick County, Md., led by Stephanie and Cathy
- Rock Creek at Peirce Mill, D.C., led by Neil Fitzpatrick and Bill Yeaman
- National Arboretum, D.C.
- Down East Spring Birding Festival, Maine and New Brunswick(and)
- Acadia Birding Festival, Maine (and)
- Shenandoah National Park, Va.
- Cricket Crawl, Reston, Fairfax County, Va.
- Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, Fairfax County, Va., led by William Needham
- Fairfax Master Naturalists training
- Huntley Meadows Park, led by Alonso Abugattas and Mary Banger
- Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, led by Charles Smith and Chris Ruck
- Mason Neck State Park and Mason Neck National Wildlife Refuge, led by Jim McGlone and Rita Urbanski
- Riverbend Park, led by Cynde Sears and Dan Schwarz
- Rock Creek Park, D.C., led by Tovi Lehmann
- Chapman State Park, Charles County, Md, led by Rod Simmons
- Seneca Christmas Bird Count, Loudoun County, Va.
And several trips to my home park, Huntley Meadows Park.
2017’s list. 2016’s list. 2015’s list. 2014’s list. 2013’s list. 2012’s list. 2011’s list. 2010’s list. 2009’s list. 2008’s list.