- Rebecca Baumgartner turns a gimlet eye on landfill nonfiction.
(I also have to wonder how many of the conclusions from these endlessly recycled studies are even valid, given the replicability crisis in psychology and other fields. If the Gorilla Experiment turns out not to have been valid this whole time, then I am even angrier about having to read about it 4,000 times.)
- Bilirubin reductase is the enzyme responsible for making your pee yellow.
- Progress was made in 2023 on six neglected tropical diseases. (Hey, former colleagues, a little copy edit love is needed.)
- Bad day from black rock: Casey Ruken tells the story of the Chesapeake Bay asteroid.
It was as if Earth got shot with a bullet.
- Perhaps I should give Appropriate another look. Jesse Green did.