Posts were a bit sparser this year.
The first sentence (more or less) of the first post of each month from this blog:
- 1 January: Skunk Cabbage (Symplocarpus foetidus) is emerging from the wet spots along the Glade in Reston.
- 4 February: I’ve been intending to do a more thorough job of documenting the various bus stop signs around the area from the numerous jurisdictions and authorities.
- 4 March: Both of the new boxes that we mounted in mid-February are home to clutches of Hooded Merganser eggs.
- 1 April: I do expect that this will be the only series of posts with three colons in the title.
- 1 May: Genie Baskir gives the thumbs-up for August: Osage County at ShowBizRadio.
- 7 June: What is this? we ask ourselves ten minutes into Mr. Burns, a post-electric play.
- 4 July: Hey, Leta, you’re on the TV!
- 6 August: “Above all, the student should cultivate the scientific attitude of mind, and he should never believe in his infallibility.”
- 3 September: Kathleen Akerley premieres another of her enjoyable head-scratchers.
- 3 October: Almost ideal weather conditions (Friday’s passing cold front with storms, Saturday’s northwest winds) set up a great weekend birding in Cape May with a group led by Mark Garland.
- 6 November: Leta and I took a quick road trip to Ohio last week.
- 1 December: Sonja Ahlers <3 Heart.