Aspirational Inbox Zero. That’s my froggy voice, starting at 0:29.
Much more traveling this year than usual! Overnight stays in 2018:
- Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Lubec, Washington County, Maine
- Ellsworth, Hancock County, Maine
- Concord, Massachusetts
- Shepherdstown, Jefferson County, West Virginia 1 2 3 4 5
- Skyland Resort, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- Lionville/Exton, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- St. Louis, Missouri (and)
- Martinsburg, Berkeley County, West Virginia (Thanks, Charlie!)
To my surprise, I visited many new performance spaces the year.
- American Museum of American History, Music Hall
- Washington National Cathedral
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Nan Tucker McEvoy Auditorium
- The New School of Northern Virginia, black box
- Colvin Run Dance Hall
- National Gallery of Art, West Garden Court
All the more difficult in my case, since at the present time I have boxes of mix tapes for two: “Party like it’s 1989: What should you do with all those old cassette mix tapes?”, by John Kelly.
Oof! Too much indulgence at Powell’s, the giveaway shelf at work, and book exchange parties (with Vanessa and Anna, and now a Virginia edition hosted with Sally), and not enough reading! Oh, and pulling up Black Tickets (a recommendation by Janet when I lived in Minneapolis) from the downstairs shelves, in the expectation that I will either read it or swap it. Yet more books out of frame.
A renewed acquaintance with Olney Theatre Center, following their expansion and rebuilds.
- Discovery Theater, Dillon Ripley Center
- Olney Theatre Center mainstage
- Olney Theatre Center Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab
Bonus out-of-town venue:
- Jazz Standard, New York
Bonus out-of-town library:
- Mertz Library, New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, New York
Overnight stays in 2017:
- New York, New York County, New York
- Shepherdstown, Jefferson County, West Virginia (and)
- Martinsburg, Berkeley County, West Virginia (Thanks again, Charlie!)
(And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here to see Dave in the big, pink, fluffy skirt with matching hair thing.)
Richard Bolles has passed away. Early in my career, as I blundered my way into writing software for a living, I turned to his books for guidance. I’m not sure that he provided any specific, useful advice, but I was reassured: it always felt like he was in my corner.
It turns out that he spent a good part of his early life as a clergyman in the Episcopal church. Leta would say, “of course.”
Ted Rall offers one explanation for what happened (is happening) to Dayton, Ohio.
CATF, one trip for work, and VNPS. Overnight stays in 2016:
- Martinsburg, Berkeley County, West Virginia (Thanks, Charlie, as always!) 1, 2, 3
- Blacksburg, Montgomery County, Virginia (and)
- Boston, Massachusetts